
If you have enough time in the City of Lights, my favorite way to experience Parisian shopping is to go to the boutiques in the Marais, St. Germain or 8th arrondissement.
Now if you're in a hurry, are cursed with bad weather or just looking to find a good mix of mid-market as well as high-end designer labels under one roof, I'd suggest going to Printemps (Haussmann) or Le Bon Marche instead.
In the former you will find a large collection of popular French and international labels ranging from Lanvin and Alexander McQueen to Antik Batik and Vanessa Bruno.
The layout of the store makes it easy to navigate. Accessories, ready-to-wear and shoes are on different floors and grouped according to designer or brand... usually in a shop-in-shop style. The staff are friendly and helpful if you do have trouble finding what you want.
The biannual sales are worth checking out as well. I experienced the first days of sales this year, which were nowhere near as bad as what I saw in London. So if you've been eyeing something that will be reduced, you're basically guaranteed of getting it in your size without too much trouble. If you arrive a day before the sale, the staff will even set your item aside for your if you promise to show up by a certain time the next day.
The men's department and beauty section are fairly decent as well. For gourmet foods I would head across the river to Bon Marche instead.
Address: 64 boulevard Haussmann, 75009 Paris (FRA)
Opening Hrs: Mon-Sat: 9:35-20:00, late shopping on Thu: until 22:00

Add & Bookmark


0 comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate every comment, unless it's spam (which will be deleted) and hope you'll visit again soon.
You can now also follow Haute World on Twitter @haute_world!
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.