Back in Paris, but there are still one or two Rome posts to follow. I did however want to post this first. As mentioned in my first Lanvin post, the wonderful thing about the Parisian boutique isn't just the store itself, but the ever changing window display. Even those who could care less about the luxury brand have to admit that the scenarios depicted in the storefront are both delightful and entertaining. I have yet to witness a passerby walk past the women's or men's boutique, without stopping and admiring what the visual merchandisers have put together as part of Alber's vision.
First up are long overdue images of the Fashion Week windows I forgot to post. I was too late to snap the men's boutique window, so I've taken this shot from the Lanvin website:
First up are long overdue images of the Fashion Week windows I forgot to post. I was too late to snap the men's boutique window, so I've taken this shot from the Lanvin website:
I happened to be passing the Lanvin boutiques again a week later as the windows were being redone in broad daylight for the world to see. This must be the best visual merchandising job ever (imagine playing around with wigs and props, including plastic babies). The current windows seem to have some sort of royalty theme: most mannequins have sashes on with titles reading "Duchess Lanvin" or "Lord Lanvin". I really like the mannequin dogs as well, though they don't seem to have royalty titles...
First up, Lanvin Homme, starting with the main window:
First up, Lanvin Homme, starting with the main window:
Lanvin Femme, again main window first:

Add & Bookmark

I really enjoyed the first time I dropped by the Lanvin boutique. These store window pictures are great! I especially love the last two, which are more creative and playful. Especially the one of the lady mannequin lying back, as if tormented and tempted by the sweet sight of her Lanvin heels. One note about the tiny shop-- did you find shopping for womenswear on the bottom floor (I believe basement level) a bit suffocating?
ReplyDeleteA pleasure to exchange links!
ReplyDeleteLove the view of the Lanvin store! Never seen it in real life but this is the best way to she it in detail!!!
xxx
HEAVEN!
ReplyDeleteI love those LANVIN WINDOWS... for me they do always the best decorations! FABULOUS!!!!
Did you hear London has now also a Lanvin Boutique...
Still can´t believe the german Lanvin Boutique in Munich closed a few years ago...
Dream Sequins - the ground floor is a bit cramped, but I"m guessing they did that on purpose with all the tables and wardrobes all over the place (i.e. making it more homey). The first floor is where I usually spend most of my time though, because I am a bit of a shoe fanatic ;-)
ReplyDeleteAysha - thanks for your comment! You don't live too far from Paris, so hopefully you will see this one day!
Little Fashion Treasury - I know, when I lived in Germany I really missed some of my favorite brands. I really don't know why they don't have more flagships there - it's the 2nd largest economy in the world! I will be in London in May, so the first thing I will do is go to the new London store :)
WHY IS THERE NO LANVIN STORE IN MANHATTAN. this is cruel :'( Although Bergdorfs has done a few Lanvin themed windows that felt like Alber had something to do with them.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the images, I'm going to go pout in the corner about not having access to the amazingness.
This is just gorgeous! I love how whimsical it is but still retaining that sense of high end spectacle.
ReplyDeleteThose photos are fantastic, the displays are so fun yet you still get the sense that its a high end store. And I love how they put in all the props like the big clock and fireplace!
ReplyDeletenice photography and obviously the shop windows
ReplyDelete