First off, I'd like to thank everyone for the wonderful comments in my last post. I was going to blog sooner, but I'm one of those people who's still desperately clinging on to summer and since we're lucky enough to still have temperatures of 29°C (or 85°F) in Paris, I've been doing my best to spend my time outside. So if I haven't gotten back to your blog yet, I'll be doing so asap. The one good thing about the upcoming autumn season is that Lanvin have once again changed their windows, and since taking photos of these involves me being outside, I was happy enough to take some nice snappy snaps.
The current theme involves travel - as you know, a subject very close to my heart - and... cats. I'm not sure how the two relate, but it does make for some fairly cute displays.
Lanvin Homme

The very glamorous main window shown from two angles. Kitties playing with Lanvin jewelry... so lucky.

For images of previous and equally amazing Lanvin windows, just click here.
I tend to group my Lanvin window posts with awards - I guess because they're the posts where I don't write as much, so I don't feel guilty about bombarding them with more random babble. I'm very behind on a lot of these, so apologies it took so long. If for some reason you awarded/tagged me and it's not mentioned here, let me know again via comments or email - it's not personal! I'm just very disorganized when it comes to picking these up. The one tag I will leave out, because I've decided to post it seperately is the one given to me by MissLikey, so if you're reading this... don't worry, I haven't forgotten about it.
First up, I received the Kreativ blogger award from Call Me Dorothy...

and the following award from the lovely bloggers The Sydney Girl, Trishikoh and FabBlab.
I'm supposed to list 10 random facts about me and I was also tagged by Oh So Hip It Hurts to do the same, but I'm going to cheat and refer you to this post where I already listed 10 things. No worries though, I'm still going to be doing a tag for another award towards the end. Because a few of you have received this award and done the tag already, I'd like to pass this on to everyone who's reading this and hasn't gotten this yet.Then I got this 'Circle of Friends' award from one of my favorite blogs The Anthology:
I'd like to pass this on to Cocktail of Fashion, Fashion Titbits, It's a Beautiful Life, Janetteria and Kirafashion.Next up, I got the Style Inspiration award from the wonderful Fashion Titbits...

... and this Splash award from the fabulous Take Me Out To The Runway:

I'm giving both these awards to the following lovely ladies: All Things NYC, Fashion Cappuccino, Lenorenevermore, Ash Fox at Tit Tees and Wrecked Stellar.
Finally the very talented Anya at Couture Millinery Atelier (who's probably not going to read this, because the lucky lady is currently completing an apprenticeship with the legendary Stephen Jones) created her own Divine award which comes with a tag:
Finally the very talented Anya at Couture Millinery Atelier (who's probably not going to read this, because the lucky lady is currently completing an apprenticeship with the legendary Stephen Jones) created her own Divine award which comes with a tag:

I'm supposed to list 5 guilty pleasures in my life, so here we go:
- I'm a shoe girl. Mainly flats or very high heels (I don't like anything in between). I go through phases where I'm obsessed with cardigans, bags, jewelry or jackets, but I always love shoes. And they better love me back, considering I just spent a crapload of money getting a few of them resoled.
- I already mentioned I have a sweet tooth and since moving to France I've become a bit of a macaron addict. My next move will be attempting to make these myself...
One of my newly resoled Lanvins and a pair of current season Nicholas Kirkwood heels in Printemps (top row). A selection of yummy macarons at Pierre Hermé yesterday. I walked out with 12...- I like indulging in long showers using my favorite bath and shampoo products from Korres or Molton Brown, then lather myself up in the matching body lotion.
- There's nothing better than taking a long leisurely walk... in any city (or country). It's the best way to get to know a place. And I like telling myself I'm losing those macarons calories while doing so.
Something you can only discover while walking... the pretty garden belonging to Musée Carnavalet in Paris' Marais area.- Like most people out there, I love my TV series. I'm way behind on magazines, but very up-to-date on my favorite shows, whether it's your typical chick fare (Gossip Girl, Ugly Betty etc.) or crime/sci-fi programmes (anything from Bones to Heroes... although the latter is really slipping). Even got the husband addicted to Project Runway...
Another guilty pleasure is reading these fantastic blogs, which I'd like to pass this award on to: Dream Sequins, The Anthology, Ela at Extra Dressing on the Side, Carlotta at My Way and Style With Benefits.
If you're still with me... thanks for reading! And of course a big thank you to everyone who has given me these awards... it really means a lot coming from such incredible bloggers. I'll be heading to London tomorrow, so my next post will be from the British capital, where I'll hopefully be able to feature some interesting events going on.
If you're still with me... thanks for reading! And of course a big thank you to everyone who has given me these awards... it really means a lot coming from such incredible bloggers. I'll be heading to London tomorrow, so my next post will be from the British capital, where I'll hopefully be able to feature some interesting events going on.

Add & Bookmark















Hi there-well done on a fantastic array of awards, well deserved for sure!! A fabulous post as usual, these Lanvin pictures just leave you drooling-their pieces are just so covetable!!
ReplyDeleteI'm always excited to discover Lanvin men windows !
ReplyDeleteGreat work each time !
Good to share this post*
Congrats!
ReplyDeleteI liked the Lanvin window too, and me too my fav hobby is travelling and I am crazy of caaaaaaaaaats.....
Thank you so much for the Award darling! Love those vintage luggage sets as well!!
ReplyDelete~XO*
Congrats on the awards - well-deserved!
ReplyDeleteI absolutely adore the 1920s vibe of the female window displays. And the inclusion of kitty cats thrills me - I'm a self-professed cat lady, if you must know. Gorgeous post, darling! :)
Hey Honey,
ReplyDeleteCongrats & thank you so much.
Your Nicholas Kirkwood heels are killer. I love them. I am a shoegirl too. You know.
P.S.: Oh yes all of my Chanel necklaces from eBay and two among these I got it from my boyfriend. That Matrayoshka Chanel collection are shocking - too expensive. Please, if you would have bought and you can tell a story to me about it, I can wait it.
XoXo
LOVE the luggage in the window display x
ReplyDeleteOh I love those windows! Vintage suitcases are beyond amazing...
ReplyDeletewow, those lanvin displays are beautiful!
ReplyDeleteAnd a big congrats on all those awards, well done!
Enjoy London!
Congrats on the awards. You do so deserve them. Great photos. I love those displays. That's awesome that you guys are having such beautiful weather there in France.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteOh my!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for the nomination, you are so kind to me!
I do love this blog so much, the truth is: I can't miss a post! Love love love!!!
about Lanvin!
How cool is that!
I love the cats so much!
I dream about buying a cat soon....but because I am always tripping...I think it´s not a good idea to leave him alone at home...anyway, I will buy in the future :)
I am linking you at my next post...
thanks a million for being such a good friend for me...
all my love,
Kira
Oooooh long baths and Lanvin - fabulous post, darling! Those window displays are gorgeous... adoring all that vintage luggage!
ReplyDeleteAnd congrats on all your awards ~ so well-deserved!
xoxox,
CC
what an amazing window display
ReplyDeleteHello darling! Thank you so much for the award! You are a sweetheart! I am proud to be included in your circle of friends. You just made me feel very, very happy. :)
ReplyDeleteThose photos are amazing. I love every detail, colours and little kittens. I don't know why they decided to go with cats for Fall Winter 2009 campaign, but who cares if they look so adorable and fabulous :) They used real ones for the campaign images...
I am 100000% sure Anya would love those windows (and everything in them) and know that she will be visiting Lanvin soon. I really miss her.
Have a wonderful day! Hope the weather stays lovely, sunny and warm for you.
P.S. I may get a chance to visit Paris this autumn... I guess I should start learning some French just in case otherwise I am going to feel pretty guilty and embarassed again as only know a few simple words and sentences. :)
Thank you! I'm so happy the Anthology is one of your guilty pleasures. Those macarons are to die for. Very Marie Antoinette, which I just watched for the 87th time.
ReplyDeleteHere's to desperately clinging on to summer!
* Kelsey
Omg possibly the most amazing window of a shop I have ever seen!
ReplyDeleteAnd congrats on the award!
Awesome photos
Beth xx
you so deserved ALL of those awards! you're posts are always so well thought out and engaging. love the window displays by lanvin. i don't think i appreciate them as much as i should. also, i'm with you on flats or very high heels. i'm short so i either want to look tall or my feet are tired. no in betweens. lol.
ReplyDelete****** LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANVIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN *****
ReplyDeleteOh, you know how to make my fashion heart happy ;)
Your wonderful beautiful "Lanvin shopping window posts"
Yiiippppieeeh!!!
And what makes it even more perfect:
Lanvin has also some black cats in the shopping window ;)
Saw the black cats already in the Ads but somehow they didn´t look very cute to me ;)
Your shoe collection is awesome!!!
Have a beautiful evening in Paris!!!
Ooh I actually really love the cats, it is such an interesting display. I wonder if they make Lanvin cuddly kitties lol. Congratulations on the awards!!! Yum at macaroons, I definitely need to learn how to make them too. And yay for London!! Hope you're having a beautiful day :)
ReplyDeletethese displays are amazing, very creative, so thanks for sharing them. i keep looking at macaroon recipes too - i would love to make them but think that i should probably not start with this bad habit!
ReplyDeleteLanvin always has the best window display.
ReplyDeletecongrats on your award!!!
I love to reading your 5 things. Gossip girl is my fav, can't wait for new season.
big hugs...
Hanh
Congrats on the awards!
ReplyDeleteLanvin's windows are so well designed, I guess I like their stuff much more than others. They look special.
First of all, congrats on all these wonderful awards and thank you for passing it on to me and the other lovely bloggers.
ReplyDeleteLanvin's window displays are so fascinating! The window display person is really creative and i am sure they have such a fun time putting everything together.
I enjoyed reading the 5 guilty pleasures. Your no 1 is exactly like me! 98% of my shoes are about 4 to 5 inches high, and then i have 2 pairs of converse and 2 pairs of flats :)
Have a safe journey and see you tomorrow :)
Kisses & hugs
Anna
These are awesome window displays :)
ReplyDeleteOh I was excited to see the Lanvin window display ~ thank you. It was really amazing and I loved the antique trunks and kitties.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on all your Awards. Your blog is wonderful and I enjoy visiting.
Enjoy your time in London and I look forward to seeing what you have to show us there.
Hugs
Carolyn
Those window displays are spectacular - almost as fabulous as those freaking AMAZING Kirkwoods!!! I am SO jealous :)
ReplyDeleteOhhh Lanvin...amazing, and I don't like cats haha.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the awards lover!! You are a popula one and it's so deserved! LONDON TOMORROW...pretending I'm in your pocket. I can't wait to stalk your London posts. AND I def owe you an email...I have a company name finally. I am sooo indecisive!
Safe travels doll!! XOXO!!!
Congrats on the awards !!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for posting the Lanvin windows, I always admire this brand and yet have no chance to pay a visit to their store. You have opened wide my eyes to expose the heaven of Lanvin.
Wish you have a great day !!!
just found your blog and want to invite you to join our exclusive Localyte network at no cost. By quickly embedding Localyte its new widget in your site, you can immediately offer value to your readers.
ReplyDeleteI've built Localyte into an active community of over 30,000 local experts around the world who answer travelers i questions for free. When travelers ask a question, they get an average of five personal responses from locals who share tips and secrets on their home towns. The travelers return again and again to read these responses, creating a unique opportunity for us to promote other products and services related to their destination.
With the Localyte widget on your site, you can also participate in 50% of the revenue we derive from your visitors who ask questions. And your visitors will never have to leave your website to ask their questions. That's it. It is completely non-competitive and delivers great value to your readers!
If you're interested in our widget, please just click http://www.localyte.com/getqwidget.php to go directly to the signup page.
This is an invitation-only offering, so please do not forward this to anyone else. However, if you know a friend that might fit well into this concept, please email me at guillermo@localyte.com with friends' names and emails, etc. and I'll reach out to them if there's a fit.
Thank you!
Guillermo Baensch
Chief Executive Officer
http://localyte.com
guillermo@localyte.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/localyte
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Localytecom/40815783907
I adore the Lanvin window...I love the old fashioned luggage!
ReplyDeleteI had such a wonderful time exploring shopping places in Paris and London thanks to your amazing suggestions!!!!!!!!! I thought about you the whole time as I shopped and went down the list!! I visited some amazing stores with be-yew-ti-ful clothes! I can't thank you enough!! :)
Ahh! Those Lanvin windows are like looking at a museum exhibit! That's the kind of thing you would ONLY see in Paris.
ReplyDeletei love project runway!!! it was nice reading about you. you're welcome about the award.. and you deserved all the awards you got :) looking forward to the london posts! xxx
ReplyDeletea boatload of inspiration on this one! I am living my Paris dream on you =) with your every window post. Congratulations on all your award girl! You deserve all of them!!! Oh, and your shoes are so fabulous!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your awards! So deserved! I think I share all of your guilty pleasures - although I'm still training myself to wear high heels!
ReplyDeleteThat shop front is gorgeous, and well done on all the awards.
ReplyDeleteI love Ugly Betty and Gossip Girl as well. I can watch a lot of tv, but am always behind on magazines.
All the mad cat ladies will be flocking to those window displays!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on all the awards! You deserve them all.
Have a great time in London!
Congrat's on your awards, well deserved ~
ReplyDelete1. I want to be a window dresser
2. I love watching Bones
3. I would love to be a shoe slut
4. Have you got hooked on watching (or can you get) Mad Men yet?
Enjoy the great outdoors. Nothing is better that fabulous weather to sooth the soul.
xx deb
A lovely post, really enjoyed it! God bless Lanvin, my absolute favorite brand. Their sneakers is do die for! But must say that im little disappointed with their latest sneakers, dont really live up to their reputation.
ReplyDeleteBtw congrats to the awards, u sure deserve them!
Congratulations on your awards my dear, seriously, I don't know how anyone can discover your blog and not love it! Thank you so much for passing one onto me, you're too sweet and coming from you, I'm so stoked, did I just say stoked???
ReplyDeleteI love that you don't wear anything in between, you're so funny! I actually find what's in between, 3 inches, the most comfy to wear.
Those cats are the luckiest, I've yet to get my grubby paws on any Lanvin piece. I was once very tempted to buy a beautiful handbag I found at Barney's in NYC 2 years ago but had to walk away. I still think about it (obviously, haha) but thankfully the image is getting fuzzier over time :)
Have a wonderful rest of the week! xx
Travel, cats and macaroons... I share your passions, gal. Walking around town, for example our magnificent Paris, just taking it all in, observing, letting all the beautiful impulses lull you into dreamland - could there be anything sweeter! You're right in making the most of the sunny Paris days!
ReplyDeleteHi there! Truly love reading your posts! And I like it when bloggers list their 'top tens'...I can almost imagine your walks and macarons...I love walking myself!!! And I wish I could own at least one Lanvin from those windows...sighs.
ReplyDeleteooo lanvin, you could not get any more glamourous! love the red bag in the very last pic.
ReplyDeleteand super congrats on your buttload of awards! someone sure is popular, and for obvious reasons (youre fab, duh!) :D
WOW! I don't know which is more EXCITING your FAB AWARDS or THOSE FAB LANVIN WINDOW DISPLAYS!
ReplyDeleteC O N G R A T U L A T I O N S ! ! !
p.s. I luv, luv, luv your to DIE FOR SOLES and YOUR DELICIOUSLY SWEET GUILTY PLEASURES they are solely FABULOUS!!!!:)
What a fantastic display! it looks like someone in a hurry to get away has haphazardly packed their designer gear lol
ReplyDeleteI never really knew what Lanvin was (or even now...) but what I do know about it is that they have very non-traditional shop windows and I love that! Seeing their displays would totally make me want to go in their store and check them out! Congratulations on your blog awards!!! And your five guilty pleasures were great! I love sweets too! And then we have to work it off....haha :)
ReplyDeleteclothedmuch.blogspot.com
congrat on all the awards. i love window shopping in paris here. : ) those macarons are making me drool. hope you have a wonderful day.
ReplyDelete"Oh, to be a cat in a Lanvin window..."
ReplyDeleteLOL. I love your witty captions as much as the simple and seamless flow of your writing. Congratulations on the many awards. Well, deserved, each one of them!
I am a shoe girl too. I have, in the past, saved up and paid through my nose for beauties from Jimmy Choo and Ed Hardy. Now I am eying this gorgeous pair of Blahniks that will burn an irreparable hole in my pocket. But I guess, anything goes for a great pair of shoes!
congratulations for all of the awards dear! you totally deserve it!
ReplyDeletethe Lanvin window display is fabulous :D
nice touch of luggage and cats
oo and i love macaroons too
and somehow i also loove fab shoes :)
have a great weekend!
xoxo,
fhen
fantastic :)
ReplyDeletegreat window displays, think we could learn something from you : )
ReplyDeleteand congrats to all the lovely awards!
Hello gorgeous! I love those leopard print flats andddd NKKKK!!! Woohooo I would definitely want a pair in my lifetime :P And I love macaroons too but too bad when I was living in Paris, I only ate the ones from Laduree! When I'm there next year, I hope to try the Pierre Herme ones!!! AND IF POSSIBLE, meet up with you! :)
ReplyDeleteHave a great weekend darling!
Loving you, Adeliet
Congrats for your awards darling...and everyone should walk time to time ^.^
ReplyDeletekisses
I love these window displays SO SO much.
ReplyDeleteHehe again: I have a little award for you! ;-)
ReplyDeleteI love looking at windows displays! Lavin looks so playful and interesting! I love their sense of humor! And it's great to get to know your more and congratulations on the awards! xxooxxo
ReplyDeleteGreat window display, I'm not big on cats but they do make a cute addition to the display :) I love a nice bubble bath as well esp when it gets minus 40C outside in winter! haha. And Gossip Girl is great! Though I dunno i like the first season better than the 2nd, hopefully 3rd season isn't so.. hectic! lol I did hear that mr chuck bass will have a gay moment on the show soon...
ReplyDeletehaha, thanks. the freckles were really easy to fake actually!
ReplyDeleteand wow. the displays are absolutely fantastic. love love:)
xx raez
wow it's amazin window display, I ever saw in bbc that they need a long time to made it, I really love ur blog cuz I can see the place that I haven't been come :)
ReplyDeletexxx
Thanks darling for the award and shoutout and of course congrats on all those awards. You put so much hard work towards this lovely blog and it clearly shows in the strong following you have.
ReplyDeleteso jealous of your 29 degree weather!! we actually lucked out with a few more days of warm (but not too hot) weather so I'm clinging too desperately to the last bits of sunshine....
have a great weekend!
wow that's so cool ! lanvin ! haha . and congrats for all of those awards :) i also love flats and very tall heels :D
ReplyDeleteagh! those display cases are THINGS OF BEAUTY!
ReplyDeletethose are fun displays, love the poses of the mannequins, really fun
ReplyDeletecongrats on the awards! u deserve it!
Hi lady! Congrats on all your well-deserved awards and thanks so much for passing one to me! Love the window displays and the cats, though a bit random, are a cute addition. I liked reading your guilty pleasures. I'm also a shoe girl now.. if I had all the money in the world, it would prob. be spent mostly on shoes!
ReplyDeletexo, Becs
yum yum yum yum macaroons! the snazzy lanvin window displays are so refreshing hehe. how are you keeping dear? enjoying summer? xoxo
ReplyDeleteWow. I love the way they have done up their windows. It looks so elegant and class but still fun.
ReplyDeleteI couldn't agree with you more when it comes to shoes! I hate the in-betweens. I like my shoes to be very high-heeled or flat. :)
Xx
those windows are so cute! :)
ReplyDeleteAwesome looong post !
ReplyDeleteLanvin always do the best vitrine designs, probably because Alber designs it !
I like all the hitchock-parody drama with the cats and the suitcases !!
X.o.X.o
Lanvin is gorgeous...
ReplyDeleteLet's enjoy our time outside until we can :-) I totally understand you about the lazy blogging LOL.
Congrats for the awards...shoes and bubble bath...hmmmm just my favourites as well :-)
Have a lovely Sunday, cheers: Evi
Laaaaaawd those spider web heels are something else...Kirk is always getting it right...we totally agree with you, Rihanna's shoe collection is out of this world and we can't seem to wipe the drool off our faces everytime she dons a new pair...What the heck does her bag collection look like? *jealous*
ReplyDeletexo
Thanks for the lovely award. And congratulations on YOUR slew of awards, my dear. You're definitely MY guilty pleasure. I could sit at home and read your site all day for the vicarious shopping without the dent in my credit cards... xx
ReplyDeleteThank you sooooo much for the award! You are one of the most eloquent bloggers around so, it is truly and honor to receive this from you.
ReplyDeletex
www.tittees.blogspot.com
OMG thank you!!!! congrats for your very deserved awards..I'll post this soon :))
ReplyDelete